What is the difference between a VPS and Web Hosting (shared)?
VPS is an isolated environment with your own resources whereas in a shared hosting environment the server resources are shared among all accounts on the server. In a shared environment, you are restricted to use the features enabled by your provider whereas in a virtual isolated private environment you are free to disable/enable features suitable for your website.
User Review( votes)
- What is the difference between a VPS and Web Hosting (shared)?
- What are the advantages of a VPS?
- cPanel: Unactive License File
- What is guaranteed and burst memory (RAM)?
- Why is my VPS constantly crashing?
- Changing Server Hostname
- One-Click WordPress
- How do I know what server I am on?
- How to reduce the number of inodes/files on cPanel account?
- What is a VPS?
- How to change your Web Hosting or CPanel password?
- Check the RAM Usage in Linux
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux
- MySQL Table says IN USE, but table will not repair in PHPMyAdmin
- Our VPS Hosting Test IP
- How to Access your Folders (Linux/Centos) using WinSCP?
- How to change your VPS and phpMyAdmin password?
- How to Traceroute and Ping your VPS IP Address Connection using WinMTR?
- Changing Time Zone
- How to Order Web Hosting and Register Domain?