MySQL Table says IN USE, but table will not repair in PHPMyAdmin
From time to time MySQL corrupts itself. This message means that your table needs repair, however, the option for repair through the PHPMyAdmin interface is not available. Under some situations however, no matter how many times you run a REPAIR on the table, the table still returns IN USE and what’s worse is that the system says the table is “already up to date”.
Therefore, you need to open a terminal or ssh (Putty) and run the following commands:
cd /usr/local/MySQL/var/ragnarok (where “ragnarok” is the one you’re trying to fix)
myisamchk –safe-recover char (where “char” is the table you are trying to fix)
This will repair the table in safe mode or your table will be fixed in a few minutes!
User Review( votes)
- What is the difference between a VPS and Web Hosting (shared)?
- What are the advantages of a VPS?
- cPanel: Unactive License File
- What is guaranteed and burst memory (RAM)?
- Why is my VPS constantly crashing?
- Changing Server Hostname
- One-Click WordPress
- How do I know what server I am on?
- How to reduce the number of inodes/files on cPanel account?
- What is a VPS?
- How to change your Web Hosting or CPanel password?
- Check the RAM Usage in Linux
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux
- MySQL Table says IN USE, but table will not repair in PHPMyAdmin
- Our VPS Hosting Test IP
- How to Access your Folders (Linux/Centos) using WinSCP?
- How to change your VPS and phpMyAdmin password?
- How to Traceroute and Ping your VPS IP Address Connection using WinMTR?
- Changing Time Zone
- How to Order Web Hosting and Register Domain?